Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, February 19, 2009

You're so nice & you're so smart.

First of all, Audrey posted this video and everyone needs to watch it. It honestly inspired me so much and gave me hope that maybe this world isn't such a terrible place, which is lately how I've been feeling.

I've been thinking a lot lately. Mostly about the point of life. I don't understand why people spend their entire lives going to school and working. Well, I do, because you need it to make money and you need money to survive... but it all seems so pointless. I just want to know what the point in having all these people doing these silly little things on this planet is? I want to know what we're supposed to be doing.
I've always felt like I've had to make a difference. I will never be content with being one of those people who can work at McDonalds all my life and be content with that. I probably won't be content with any "normal" job, to be honest.
A lot of people tell me I'm nice, some people tell me I'm one of the sweetest/nicest people they've ever met. Honestly, I love that. It makes me feel good and I want to be that person, I want people to think of me as that way.
I guess tonight I just realized that although I do consider myself to be a very nice person, that isn't good enough. Sometimes the way I treat people, especially the people I care about, is something I'm definitely not proud of.
So as of tonight, I'm determined to change. I want to be known as that super sweet girl who will do anything for anyone, even someone she has just met.
I just don't want people to get it confused with a girl who is easily taken advantage of. I've been down that road, and I'm sure some people still think that.
I'm not sure how to balance the two quite yet.

3 comments:

AUDREY said...

I think I'm in the same boat as you. Really, there's no fun point ot life. YOU have to make it that fun, exciting life that you want.

Life...is just life. All you do is work and keep working and keep striving to get better. There's never a point in life when you are just content. NEVER.

I love you, and I'm glad that you want to change how you treat some people, but don't forget about the things you are already great at. I feel like when people change themselves, they tend to look at the negatives...don't do that. remember how beautiful, smart, funny, caring, and loyal you are.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the song that you got your title from.

i was gonna use the line after that for one of my blogs.

"you such a good friend, i have to break your heart"

but it was kinda long.
great blog post, too.
: )

JeNi said...

That's an awesome decision...people aren't always the nicest but you must choose to be sweet even if they're not.